August 23, 2021
How can I apply for 485 visa Second Post-Study Work stream?
There are 3 types of temporary Graduate visas (subclass 485):
- Graduate Work stream
- Post-study Work program
- Second Post-Study Work stream
If you recently graduated with a degree from an Australian institution based in regional area, you may be eligible to extend you stay in Australia with 485 visa Second Post-Study Work stream.
What is 485 visa Second Post-Study Work Stream?
Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) is for holders of a first Temporary Graduate visa in the post-study work stream who graduated with a degree from an Australian institution located in a regional area. It lets you temporarily live, work and study in Australia. You can also bring you family with you.
How long can you stay in Australia on this visa?
Usually between 1 and 2 years depending on:
- The regional location of the educational institution that you graduated from that led to the grant of your first Temporary Graduate visa in the post-study work stream
- The regional area that you live in as the holder of your first Temporary Graduate visa post-study work stream
Hong Kong passport holders may stay for 5 years.
What can you do with this visa?
You can stay in Australia for between 1 and 2 years. You can travel, work or study in Australia during your stay.
You must find your own employment while on this visa, meaning you are responsible for arranging your employment.
Are you eligible for 485 visa?
The conditions which apply are the following:
- Be under 50 years of age
- Hold a Temporary Graduate visa in the post-study work stream as the main applicant
- Have a recent degree in a CRICOS-registered course from an education institution based in an eligible designated regional area, that led to the grant of your first Temporary Graduate visa in the post-study work stream
- Have lived in an eligible designated regional area for at least 2 years before applying for the second Temporary Graduate visa in the post-study work stream
- Have evidence of adequate health insurance for all applicants when you apply
Contact E-Help Consultants today and our migration agents will advise and prepare your documents to lodge for this visa, considering you meet all the conditions.