Book an Appointment
Assessment Form

Student Visa

Australia offers an outstanding higher education system. The country has a strong economy, ideal infrastructure, and an excellent education system. The statutory agencies efficiently monitor the education system to ensure quality education is imparted at all times; besides, the Government strongly promotes favourable education initiatives. The Universities in Australia are highly regarded and have garnered Global recognition. Some of the most sought Universities here are the University of Queensland, Melbourne, Sydney, Australian National University, and the Queensland University of Technology.

A student visa in Australia is a temporary visa that allows you to stay in the country for a specified time period to study at a recognised Australian educational institution. It is possible to extend your student visa. You will have to lodge a new visa application for your visa extension before the expiry of your existing visa.

Australia offers a wide range of diverse study options for international students, with more than 22,000 courses and over 1,200 institutions to choose from. Australia’s laws promote quality education and adequate protection for international students irrespective of what you are studying and the duration of the course. As an international student with a student visa, you must study with a specified institution and in a course that is enrolled on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS). CRICOS registration ensures that the course and the institution in which you study meet the standards (high) as expected by international students.

To study in the country, a candidate needs to apply for admission to an authorised institution and a student visa application to the Department. Hence, there is a range of entry requirements that the candidate needs to meet both for their institution application and their visa application

Every year a huge number of students from across the globe choose Australia as their destination for study. While many return to their home country after the completion of their study, others wish to continue to live in the country. Living in a new country is always a new experience accompanied by many challenges, but in Australia, one can find support services in their institution as well as from other organisations to help make adjusting to life easier.

But before calling Australia home, each student must successfully apply for permanent residence. The eligible holders of a student visa may apply for a permanent residence visa as there are a number of permanent pathways available for international students. Which one is right for you will be determined by a number of factors such as your English language ability, qualification you have obtained, employment history, and various other requirements as per the visa types.

Subclass 500 – Student Visa– This visa is structured to allow international students to participate in a full-time education or training course in the country. This visa is meant to allow international students to stay in the country for their relevant course duration. Further, the international students must enrol or secure a letter of offer from an authorised Australian education provider before lodging a visa application form under subclass 500. You can also bring your family unit members to the country to stay with you on your student visa.

A student can apply to undertake two or more courses against their subclass 500 visa. However, there must be a clear progression from one course to another. This is known as course packaging. The applicant’s final course as part of their package of courses is their main (or principal) course of study. The main course of study will be used as a base to determine the financial and English language evidentiary requirements of the applicant.

The candidate must be able to prove their genuine intent to stay in the country temporarily for undertaking a course or training and have the genuine intent to return to their home country after studying in Australia.

The current cost of a student visa in Australia is AUD620/- (unless exempted); additional charges may apply for additional applicants or subsequent entrants. The application might not be considered if the visa application charge is not paid in full.

The candidate must have sufficient funds to support their stay in Australia.

The candidates and their family members must maintain adequate health insurance for the whole of their stay in the country. Contact our visa consultants/ immigration agents to find out the length of coverage you will require. Sometimes, the department may ask for overseas student health coverage from an authorised Australian health insurance provider.

Following are the candidates who do not need overseas student health coverage-

  • a Norwegian student covered by the Norwegian National Insurance Scheme
  • a Swedish student covered by Kammarkollegiet
  • a Belgian student covered under the Reciprocal Health Care Agreement with Australia

A student visa processing varies from individual to individual based on their personal profile and visa requirements. We understand it takes a good amount of time to fill your own application form and arrange all the relevant documentary evidence as per the visa conditions. Contact our visa consultants/ immigration agents for quick and successful submission of your visa application form.
A candidate can apply for a student from both inside and outside the country. The holders of a student visa can also undertake part-time or full-time work in the country as per their visa conditions. If you wish to stay further on a student visa, you need to apply for a new visa as it is not allowed to extend your student visa under Australian migration law.

A student visa holder can travel in and out of the country as many times as they wish while their visa is valid.

Each visa option and pathway have its own advantages and disadvantages. There are a wide number of factors that are to be considered before finalising which one will work best for you. It is also worth remembering that Australian visa regulations frequently change with time. To make sure that you have the best chance at securing a student or permanent visa, we suggest that you use the services of E-Help’s experienced, professional visa consultants/ immigration agents. Avoid the heartache of having to reapply by contacting our Visa consultants/ immigration agents in Brisbane to book an appointment (Contact us) or phone us on +61 7 3172 4965.

Contact Us

Studying abroad is a dream for many, but this dream includes covering a journey that isn’t easy. E-Help aims to bridge the gap between students and courses of their dreams from visa applications to universities and course selection. Well, don’t worry, we at E-Help offer complete guidance on how you can be a part of the best institutions.

Migrating to another country requires financial aid as well; we at E-Help extend a helping hand to all our candidates’ scholarship needs. Whether it is filling up forms or appearing for scholarship tests, we will be with you every step of the way.

E-Help specialises in assisting and counselling students/professionals for a visa, permanent residence, IELTS/PTE coaching and providing university/course options for students migrating to Australia.

We educate every curious mind about exciting courses in Australia and guide them towards securing admission in the course of their choice. In the field of immigration, the organisation offers skilled migration, business migration, employer sponsorship migration, partner sponsorship migration, aged parent visa, and Australian citizenship.

We also train and guide students about suitable courses from various universities in Australia. RPL qualifications, PY, NATTI, English courses, and relevant health cover are amongst other products that we offer. We aim to develop services in immigration and foreign study fields for all the countries of the world. Broaden the canvas of your dreams, go to places that you have always wanted to. Book an appointment with us to know more!

At E-Help, you get all the help you need whenever you need it. So, dream on and give us a call now!

  • A-304-305, 3rd Floor, Chiranjiv Tower, 43 Nehru Place, New Delhi, 110019, India

  • +01 168140334

  • FF 27, SHIVALAY RESIDENCY, opp. Vishal Supermarket, Kudasan, Gandhinagar, Gujarat 382421

  • +91 9560 202061

  • [email protected]

× How can I help you?