Contributory Parent Subclass 143 Visa Australia | Visa Subclass 143 Consultant
Book an Appointment
Assessment Form

Subclass 143 Contributory Parent Visa

The Subclass 143 Visa is systematically called a Contributory Parent Visa. It is a parent visa that lets the applicant, who has children living in Australia as permanent residents or citizens for a minimum of 2 years, live and settle in Australia permanently. An eligible sponsor should sponsor the applicant.

The applicant pays a considerable amount of money that goes towards this visa in the form of a contribution that offsets the rights that come with this visa, like healthcare and other facilities granted by the government. The huge contribution is to compensate for some of the rights that are at par with the rights of Australian citizens/residents. This visa marks the second stage for processing a Contributory Parent Visa for Australia. For more information on a contributory parent visa, contact E-Help Consultancy 143 visa immigration agent.

Why Apply for a Contributory Parent Visa?

Contributory Parent Visa 143 has several benefits, making it one of the most sought after permanent immigration visas. The holder of a Contributory Parent Visa Subclass 143 can stay in Australia for an indefinite period of time.

As the Contributory Parent Visa grants permanent residence, it allows the holder to travel to and from Australia for five years. They can work and study in the country in their respective field of interest.

A Contributory Parent Visa for Australia also allows the holder of this visa to enrol themselves in the country’s healthcare system and its benefits. Furthermore, the holder of this visa also becomes eligible to sponsor the permanent residence of their relatives. Please contact our expert 143 visa consultant to know more about the benefits of a contributory parent visa for Australia.

What is the Eligibility Criteria for a Contributory Parent Visa 143?

Eligible children/sponsors must sponsor an applicant for a Contributory Parent Visa Subclass 143. The sponsor should be an Australian permanent resident/citizen or eligible New Zealand citizen. The sponsor should be a citizen/resident for a minimum of two years when the application is made. An applicant’s child or their child’s spouse or de facto partner can also be a sponsor.

The applicant must fulfil the balance of family test (not required if the applicant is applying through the Retirement Pathway). The balance of family test refers to the condition where at least half of the applicant’s children are eligible Australian citizens/permanent residents or eligible New Zealand citizens. For this test, the children include adopted or stepchildren of both the parents. We at E-Help understand the importance of living with your children. For more insight into the Contributory Parent Visa Subclass 143, get in touch with our professional 143 visa consultant.

The applicant can include the following people in their visa application:

  • Their partner (married or de facto)
  • Their or their partner’s dependent children
  • Other dependent relatives

To apply for a Contributory Parent Visa, the applicant should be able to pay an Assurance of Support at the time of the application (not required if the applicant is applying for the Retirement Pathway). In the usual scenario, the Assurance of Support for the Contributory Parent Visa (Subclass 143) covers both the primary visa applicant and the other family members included in the visa application. For a Contributory Parent Visa in Australia, the bond (Assurance of Support) runs for ten years.

The applicant, sponsor, and the family member whose name has been included in the application for a Contributory Parent Visa must all meet the health and character requirements as per the department’s specifications for the referred immigration category.

How to Apply for a Contributory Parent Visa

An applicant can apply for this visa whilst they are outside Australia.
The applicant is required to be outside Australia at the time the visa is granted unless they have a Contributory Parent (Temporary) Visa 173 or a Bridging Visa. An application can also be lodged while staying in Australia, but only if the applicant’s temporary visa allows them to lodge another visa while staying in Australia.

Getting help from experts helps the applicant to reduce the time it takes to prepare for their visa application. An expert guides the applicant throughout the visa journey and makes it easier for the applicant and their family. To book an expert for your smooth visa processing, contact our 143 visa consultants.

Before filing the visa application, the candidate must gather all the relevant supporting documents that must be submitted with the application. After successfully submitting the visa application for a Contributory Parent Visa, the department will notify the applicant that they have received their visa application.

Document Requirements for the Subclass 143 Visa

These are the documents that you will be required to provide along with your visa application for subclass 143 visa:

  • Passport
  • Birth Certificate (of each individual in the application)
  • Identification Proof issued by a government authority
  • Parent Visa Application Form
  • Form 40, Sponsorship for Migration to Australia
  • Birth certificates for all of your kids within or outside Australia
  • Certificate of adoption if you have adopted kids.
  • Custody papers, if only one parent and a child under 18 are applying.
  • Marriage certificate and divorce certificate (if applicable)
  • Death certificate if any applicant is a widow or widower.
  • Document for name change (if applicable)
  • Certificate of military service (if applicable)
  • Proof of relationship (if the sponsor is not your child)
  • Evidence that you have paid the visa fee’s first instalment.

Application Process for Contributory Parent Visa 143

The 143 Visa application process must be completed by both you and your child (sponsor):

  • First, fill out Form 40, the Sponsorship Form, for all parent visa applications.
  • Complete the Parent Visa Application Form (Form 47PA). Print the form out and attach it with the other application materials.
  • Gather all the required documents and proofs.
  • Ship all the necessary paperwork to the sponsor.
  • The documents are to be attached along with Form 40.
  • The first instalment of the visa application fee is to be paid by your child or sponsor.
  • The Australian Parent Visa Centre will receive the documentation.

Requirements & Eligibility Criteria

Here are the requirement criteria you need to fulfil to apply for the 143 Visa:

  • The applicant must be an existing Australian Permanent Resident, an eligible Australian Citizen, or an eligible New Zealand Citizen, and the child must be an accepted sponsor.
  • A child must sponsor the parent when applying under the Retirement Pathway. The Department of Home Affairs should give the sponsor their consent.
  • At the time of visa application, parents may be inside or outside of Australia.
  • When the application is submitted, any additional family members must be present, either inside or outside Australia.
  • Unless a waiver is requested, parents or any other family members listed in the application cannot travel on a visa that has no further stay restrictions.
  • Must Pass Health Exam (Health examination)
  • Character checks must pass (Police Clearance certificate)
  • Must pass the family balance test.
  • Not have a cancelled visa or previously rejected application.
  • The applicant must not already own a Subclass 870 Visa—another parent visa—or have applied for one to reside in Australia for (3) three to (10) ten years.
  • Australian Values Statement must be read and signed.

The Cost For 143 Visa

The estimated cost of the Contributory Parent Visa 143 is approximately AUD 47,755. Since most Australian visa fees are paid in two separate instalments, most of the cost is only charged once your visa is forwarded for final processing.

The initial payment will cost you around AUD 2,800 as a principal applicant. If you have any dependent individuals, each adult dependent is charged AUD 1,400. AUD 750 is charged additionally for every dependent who is younger than 18.

The Second instalment may cost you around 40,000 AUD. The Department of Home Affairs will inform you of the due date and the sum to be paid as soon as the application is granted.

Visa Types Relationship Evidence Requirements for Both Visas (Subclass 143 and 173)

For both 143 and 173 visas, here are some documents you will need to prepare to provide evidence of the relationship between you and your sponsor.

  • Birth Certificate
  • A family album demonstrating connections
  • Marriage certificate (if the sponsor is a partner)
  • Documentation of guardianship (if the sponsor is the guardian)
  • Additional acceptable proof of the child’s sponsorship relationship

If the sponsor is a community group, provide the following documents:

  • Registration certificate
  • Evidence demonstrating the power granted to the organisation’s representative to act on its behalf, such as the board’s or management committee’s power
  • Evidence of your capability to support yourself once you arrive in Australia
  • Members of the Family in the Visa Application

Processing Time For Contributory Parent Visa Subclass 143

The processing time for a Contributory Parent Visa (Subclass 143) is not fixed. However, the applicant can apply for a Temporary Subclass 173 Contributory Parent Visa that lasts for a period of two years. The applicant must apply for the Permanent Contributory Parent Visa (Subclass 143) before the temporary visa expiry date. Knowing about the processing time and for quick and easy immigration to Australia, get in touch with our experienced 143 visa immigration agent.

Assessment Of Contributory Parent Visa Subclass 143

A Contributory Parent Visa (Subclass 143) is generally assessed in two stages.

The first stage marks the checking of the application’s eligibility and then adding it to the queue or rejecting the visa application when the eligibility criteria are not adequately met.

The second stage is to make a decision when a place is available. To grasp a better knowledge of the assessment procedure, visit our 143 visa immigration agent.

Furthermore, the applicant for a Contributory Parent Visa Subclass 143 has the option for processing priority. Processing priority refers to the process where certain visa applications are considered first irrespective of the time when they were filed. Priority processing is a complicated procedure that requires experienced help; we recommend you get in touch with our 143 visa consultants for counseling and a successful visa process.

Rejection of Contributory Parent Visa Subclass 143

There are several reasons as to why a visa application may get rejected. Some of the reasons are:

  • When the application is not filled as per the requirements of the department.
  • When the applicant does not fit in the eligibility criteria.
  • When the documents, which are submitted along with the visa application, are self-contradictory.
  • When the applicant has not paid the fees required under the contributory parent visa 143.

If you need expert assistance to make this complicated journey easier, get in touch with our registered migration agents and immigration team.

Contact Us

We also offer student visa, temporary graduate visaskill shortage visa, and skilled independent visa more. E-Help has the right expertise to help you complete your application smoothly and accurately. For stress-free visa immigration and priority processing, contact our experienced 143 visa immigration agents.


1What is contributory parent visa subclass 143?

If a parent’s child is a New Zealand citizen who meets the requirements, an Australian permanent resident, or both, they may live in Australia on the Contributory Parent visa (143 visas). The Contributory Parent Visa 143 is available to people who desire to live permanently in Australia.

2How long is the wait for an Australian visa subclass 143 contributory parent visa?

It takes about 4.7 years to process this visa. The applicants are given a temporary visa for two years. They must pay an additional $19,420 and apply for the permanent visa subclass 143 before this visa expires.

3How much does a 143 visa cost?

The fee is $4,355 for the principal applicant and $1,465 for the dependent partner. The obligatory fee of $43,600 per application must be paid before issuing the visa upon the conclusion of the required police and health checks.

4Can I obtain a bridging visa on a 143 visa?

If you are living in Australia and you or a member of your family holds a 173 visa, or if you previously held a visitor visa (subclass 600) or a tourist visa (subclass 676) as a result of ministerial action, then you are eligible for a bridging visa. At the same time, your 143 application is being processed.

5Are Sponsors required to Provide Assurance of Support for 143 Visa?

Yes. It is mandatory for sponsors to provide an Assurance of Support before you receive the visa.

6Can I Apply for the Subclass 143 Visa as a Retiree?

You are eligible to apply for a Contributory Parent Visa (Subclass 143) as a retiree if:

  • As of May 8, 2018, you previously held a Retirement (Subclass 410) or Investor Retirement (Subclass 405) visa
  • As of the date, you submitted your 143 Visa application, and
  • You have not held any other substantive visas,
7Can I Travel to and From Australia if I Have a Contributory Parent 143 Visa?

Yes, you definitely can. You are permitted unlimited travel to and from Australia for the first five years, but a resident return visa is required (RRV).

8Who Can Be My Sponsor for the 143 Visa?

If your child is over 18 and a citizen or permanent resident of Australia, they can act as your sponsor for the 143 Visa. A spouse or cohabitant of your child at least 18 years old can also sponsor if they fulfil the requirements.

  • A-304-305, 3rd Floor, Chiranjiv Tower, 43 Nehru Place, New Delhi, 110019, India

  • +01 1681 40334

  • FF 27, SHIVALAY RESIDENCY, opp. Vishal Supermarket, Kudasan, Gandhinagar, Gujarat 382421

  • +91 9560 202061

  • [email protected]

× How can I help you?