Book an Appointment
Assessment Form


A study visa in Australia is usually a temporary visa that allows you to stay in the country for a specified period to study at a recognised Australian educational institution. Following types of study are considered for a study visa to the country-

  • Independent ELICOS (English Language Intensive Courses For Overseas Students)
  • Schools (Primary And Secondary)
  • Secondary School Exchange Program
  • Vocational Education And Training (VET)
  • Higher Education
  • Postgraduate Research
  • Non-Award Courses
  • International Students Sponsored by the Department of Foreign Affairs or Defence.

Australian laws are known to promote quality education and protection for international students irrespective of what you are studying and its duration. As an international student with a study visa, you must study with a specified institution and a course registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS). CRICOS registrations are meant to ensure that the course and institution you study meet the international students’ expected standards.

A study visa in the country involves a dual application process, i.e., the candidate needs to apply for both admission to an authorised institution and a study visa from the Australian Government. Thus, there is a wide range of entry requirements that need to be fulfilled by the candidate both for their institution application and their visa application.

The eligible holders of a study visa may apply for a permanent residence visa as there are several permanent pathways available for international students. Which one is right for you will be determined by some factors such as the English language ability, qualification you have obtained, employment history, and various other requirements as per the visa stipulations.

Subclass 500 – Student Visa– This visa is structured to allow international students to take part in a full-time education or training course in the country. This visa is meant to allow international students to stay in the country for the entire duration of their relevant course. Further, the international students must enrol or secure a letter of offer from an authorised Australian education provider before lodging a visa application form under subclass 500.

You can also bring members of your family unit to the country to stay with you on your student visa.

A student can apply to undertake two or more courses against their subclass 500 visa. However, there must be a clear progression from one course to another. This is known as course packaging. The final which the applicant will undertake as part of their package of courses is their main (or principal) course of study. The main course of study will be used as a base to determine the financial and English language evidentiary requirements of the applicant.

The candidate must be able to prove their genuine intent to stay in the country temporarily for undertaking a course or training and have the genuine intent to return to their home country after studying in Australia.

The current cost of a student visa in Australia is AUD620/- (unless exempted); additional charges may apply for additional applicants or subsequent entrants. The application might not be considered if the visa application charge is not paid in full.

The candidate must have sufficient funds to support their stay in Australia.

The candidates and their family members must maintain adequate health insurance for the whole of their stay in the country. Contact our visa consultants/ immigration agents to find out the length of coverage you will require. Sometimes, the department may ask for overseas student health coverage from an authorised Australian health insurance provider.

Following are the candidates who do not need overseas student health coverage-

  • a Norwegian student covered by the Norwegian National Insurance Scheme
  • a Swedish student covered by Kammarkollegiet
  • a Belgian student covered under the Reciprocal Health Care Agreement with Australia

The processing time of a student visa varies from individual to individual based on their personal profile and visa requirements. We understand it takes a good amount of time to fill your own application form and arrange all the relevant documentary evidence as per the visa conditions. Contact our visa consultants/ immigration agents for quick and successful submission of your visa application form.

A candidate can apply for a student from both inside and outside the country. The holders of a student visa can also undertake part-time or full-time work in the country as per their visa conditions. If you wish to stay further on a student visa, you need to apply for a new visa as it is not allowed to extend your student visa under Australian migration law.

The holder of a student visa can travel in and out of the country as many times as they wish while their visa is valid. For shorter periods of study, you can apply for a visitor or working holiday visa.

Each visa option and pathway have its own advantages and disadvantages. There are a wide number of factors that are to be considered before finalising which one will work best for you. It is also worth remembering that Australian visa regulations frequently change with time. To make sure that you have the best chance at securing a student or a permanent visa, we suggest that you use the services of E-Help’s experienced, professional visa consultants/ immigration agents. Avoid the heartache of having to reapply by contacting our visa consultants/ immigration agents in Brisbane to book an appointment (Contact us) or phone us on +61 7 3172 4965.

Contact Us

Immigration law and requirements go through frequent updates. Get in touch with us to stay up to date and get accurate information on all your queries. Our migration agents will provide you comprehensive information on the types of visas available for different study levels in Australia, including options to bring family members along (whether guardian, partner/spouse, or children). You will also have access to personalised help and advice about your specific visa requirements. We at E-Help assist in study visas, including renewing visas, admission, and changing courses.

E-Help is specialised in assisting and counselling students/professionals for a visa, permanent residence, IELTS/PTE coaching and providing university/course options for students migrating to Australia.

We also train and guide students about suitable courses from various universities in Australia. RPL qualifications, PY, NATTI, English courses, and relevant health cover are amongst other products that we offer. We aim to develop services in immigration and foreign study fields for all the countries of the world. Broaden the canvas of your dreams, go to places that you have always wanted to. Book an appointment with us to know more! Contact us or call us at +61 7 3172 4965.

  • A-304-305, 3rd Floor, Chiranjiv Tower, 43 Nehru Place, New Delhi, 110019, India

  • +01 168140334

  • FF 27, SHIVALAY RESIDENCY, opp. Vishal Supermarket, Kudasan, Gandhinagar, Gujarat 382421

  • +91 9560 202061

  • [email protected]

× How can I help you?