Partner Provisional & Migrant Visa Australia, Partner Provisional Migrant Visa In Australia - Subclass 309 & 100

Partner (Provisional) Visa (309) and Partner (Migrant) Visa (100)

Partner (Provisional) Visa (309) and Partner (Migrant) Visa (100)


The partner visas which come under the subclass 309 and 100 allow the spouse or the partner of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent citizen or an eligible New Zealand citizen living in Australia.

The temporary Partner (Provisional) Visa which comes under subclass 309 is granted first and is letting you to stay in Australia while the Permanent Partner (Migrant) Visa which comes under the subclass 100 is processed.



The applicant must be married or in de facto relationship whit:

  • An eligible New Zealand citizen
  • An Australian Citizen
  • An Australian permanent resident.
  • The marriage must be valid under the Australian law. This implies that the applicant must be having a parental permission if he / she is 16 or 17 years of age.

The individual who is applying for the visa must have been in a de facto relationship for at least 12 months.

Length of Stay

  • On the permanent 100 visa, the individual who has applied for the visa can stay permanently.
  • On the temporary 309 visa, the individual can stay until the decision is made about his / her permanent partner visa which comes under the subclass 100.

*Credit card surcharge 1.32%

× How can I help you?