Book an Appointment
Assessment Form

Child Visa Options: Subclass 101, 445 and 802

Australian family visas are organized pathways for family members to sponsor their parents, partner, or children to be with them in the country. Child visa is structured to allow children to stay in the country permanently with their parents. A child visa in Australia is generally sponsored by eligible parents, who are–

  • Australian citizen
  • Permanent residents of Australia
  • New Zealand citizens (eligible)

The sponsor should be at least 18 years of age.

All subclasses of child visas are accessible to dependent/adopted/orphaned children of an eligible sponsor (parent). The child applicant must be under 25 years of age, and if the applicant is aged 18 or over, they must be a full-time student and/or dependent on the sponsoring parent. No age limit applies if the applicant child is incapacitated for work owing to loss of bodily or mental functions. The child must not be married, divorced, or widowed. Applicants can consider the following subclasses as per their suitability while exploring the most suitable child visa category:

An applicant can stay in Australia temporarily or permanently, depending on the type of child visa they apply for. For permanent access, an applicant (depending on their eligibility) can apply for either a child visa, adoption visa, or an orphan relative visa. The dependent child visa allows a temporary stay to an applicant. An applicant needs to ensure they meet the pre-requisites for applying for a particular visa category. The general criteria for all the visa subclasses include sponsorship by eligible parents, providing assurance of support, providing evidence of identity, health assessment, and character test.

The available classes of child visas have been summarised below–

Subclass 802 Visa-Child Visa (Onshore)- Subclass 802 is structured for those eligible parents who wish to sponsor their child to live in the country permanently. The eligible parent can apply for the visa category on behalf of their child (when the child is below 18).

Subclass 802 is an onshore visa, whereas; subclass 101 is an offshore child visa. Both the visa categories are designed for the applicants to live in the country permanently. The possessor of a permanent visa has almost the same level of rights and provisions as the citizen, with a few differences. However, the specified visa conditions need to be complied with by the holder at all times.

Subclass 102 Visa- Adaption Visa- Subclass 102 adoption visa allows an overseas adopted child to live with their adoptive parents in Australia. This adoption visa allows those children to stay in Australia who are going to be adopted or are adopted by an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen. The application is normally lodged by an adoptive parent on behalf of the child. The parent is also required to provide an assurance of support to the Department to support his child’s application. If the adoption is taking place through a state or territory adoption authority, the application for the child’s visa can be lodged before the adoption is finalized. Subclass 102 is a permanent residence visa. With this visa, an adopted child can live permanently with his adoptive parents in Australia.

Subclass 101 Visa- Child Visa- Subclass 101 is also termed as a child visa in Australia. Subclass 101 is usually for a child who–

  • Is not a holder of any of the permanent visa category in the country.
  • Intends to enter the country and stay for an indefinite period.

This immigration access is designed to allow the children (outside Australia) of an Australian citizen, eligible New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent visa holder to enter the country and live with their parents. The child could be –

  • Biological child;
  • Adopted child (adoption must be completed before the child turns 18);
  • Stepchild

Subclass 445 Visa- Dependent Child Visa- Subclass 445 visa in Australia is structured for the dependent children of those eligible individuals who have their partner permanent visa under assessment. This visa allows the dependent child of applicants of a permanent partner visa to stay in the country temporarily until the decision is made on the permanent visa application form or when the child’s parents hold a temporary visa in the country and the child’s name was not included in the temporary visa application form. However, once a subclass 445 visa is granted, the child’s name must be included in their parent’s permanent partner visa. It’s a temporary visa category for the child who is dependent on a parent who is the holder of either a –

The processing time of a child visa in Australia differs from individual to individual based on their individual profile and visa conditions. The processing time also takes longer when the Department seeks additional information both from the candidates and external agencies for the application’s decision. Processing time for a family visa is usually due to the large volume of applications. To lessen the processing time of the visa application, the applicant must-

  • Fill the application form completely.
  • Attach all the required documentary evidence with the form
  • Provide the required information to the Department within minimum time.

Contact Us

There are many types of visas (parents, partner, or child), and we, at E-Help, have a special team dedicated to family migration. Our immigration consultants can assist you in queries with respect to your eligibility prospects, other requirements and conditions, visa processing, and other general or specific range of questions. Contact us to get up to date details on family migration.

Our family visa immigration consultants at E-Help provide goal centred service to both children from overseas and their sponsor parents from Australia. Our immigration agents are professionally trained to handle all sort of ethical, culturally sensitive, person-based information. We, at E-help, understand the importance of having your family together. We also support your cultural expectation of being cared for by and taking care of your children; hence, our immigration agents are thoroughly ready to assist you in your family visa journey. Our immigration agents/ visa consultants are extremely cautious in assessing family visa immigration to Australia. Each visa application form is meticulously checked and thereafter submitted with proper evidence (documentation).

We would love to be a part of your journey of converting the Australian dream to reality! To book an appointment with our family visa/consultants immigration agents, contact us or dial us at +61 7 3172 4965.

  • A-304-305, 3rd Floor, Chiranjiv Tower, 43 Nehru Place, New Delhi, 110019, India

  • +01 168140334

  • FF 27, SHIVALAY RESIDENCY, opp. Vishal Supermarket, Kudasan, Gandhinagar, Gujarat 382421

  • +91 9560 202061

  • [email protected]

× How can I help you?