Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (489)
The skilled regional visa is a temporary visa type which has been designed for the individuals whose experience, skills and abilities lie well within the demand in the specific states or regional territories of Australia. This Visa type gives a chance to the individuals to stay in Australia for a period of 4 years. But for this visa type, the individual needs to get a sponsorship from the particular territory or state in Australia and also needs to choose an occupation from the relevant occupation list.
There are 3 different pathways to this visa:
• The invited pathway
• The extended stay pathway
• The subsequent entry pathway
This visa might lead the applicant to the permanent skilled regional visa (887).
To apply for this Visa, the candidate must:
- Be competent in English
- Have a relevant occupation
- Hold a visa from subclass 487, 475, 496, 495 (for extended stay pathway).
- Be invited to apply (for the invited pathway).
- Have suitable required skillset for an occupation.
- Be under 45 years of age at the time of invitation
- Have a minimum of 65 points.
Length of Stay
Up to 4 years.
Cost of Visa
From 3755 AUD
*Credit card surcharge 1.32%