Partner Visa Subclass 820 & 801 Australia | E-Help Consultant

Partner Visa (820 and 801)

Partner Visa (820 and 801)


The partner visas allow the spouse or the partner of an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen to live in Australia.

The temporary partner visa which comes under subclass (820) is granted first and if you stay in Australia while the permanent partner visa which comes under subclass (801) is processed.



The individual applying for this visa must be married or in a de facto relationship with:

  • An eligible New Zealand citizen.
  • An Australian citizen.
  • An Australian permanent resident.

The applicant’s marriage must be valid under Australian law. This means that you must be having parental permission if you are 16 or 17 years of age.

The applicant must have been in a de facto relationship for a minimum period of 12 months.

Length of Stay

  • For the temporary visa which comes under the subclass 820, you can stay until the decision is made on your payment Partner Visa (subclass 801).
  • On the permanent visa which comes under subclass 801, the applicant can stay on a permanent basis.


Starting from AUD 7160

*Credit card surcharge 1.32%

× How can I help you?